Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Challenge 4 LO

YAY! Barb already posted the challenge 4 instructions so I am just going to post my LO.

As soon as I saw this challenge I knew what picture I wanted to use. While visiting my family in NC for Christmas I was told about this painting that my brother did of Rebekah. When I said I wanted to see it my sister in law said that she told him he should send it to me and and he said that I could do it myself. HAHA, I told her probably not. Then when he showed it to me my sister in law asked if I could do that and I said maybe if I played with it long enough. I was mistaken! My brother put the .psd file on my USB drive and when I opened it to do this challenge I was amazed at all the work he had put into it! Each color is on it's own layer and is painted (he has a digital pad that I am sure he used for this) by hand. I thought he just did a few effects in photoshop to get the overall look, but he did not. I could not in a million years paint this picture! Ok so enough back story, here is my LO.


Frame - Inspired by dominic Designs - "In the air"

Lined Paper- Coralee Evans aka MzCora - "Hall Pass"

PaintBrush - "Wild"

Painters Pallet - http://efies.blogspot.com/

Background paper - Flergs "Dawn till dusk"

Grunge brushes by KeReN

Splatter brushes by Garfcore

Coffee stains brush by nyssi from DeviantArt

Swirlies brush - ObsidianDawn

Paper on the Alpha is from Ginger Scraps "A Mermaid's Tail" The pant splatters were added with brushes from Garfcore

Journaling:

My brother is such an inspiration to me! This is a photograph of my daughter that he painted in photoshop. My brother is an artist and in the past few years has started to bring his artwork to the digital age. When his wife told him he should send it to me, he said, she can do this herself! I may have photoshop but I do not have his artistic talent! I am sure it would take me years to even attempt this painting!
He inspires me to learn more and do more with Photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Jodi! I've tried my hand at photoshop painting. But after a whole day of working on it I was just starting to work on something besides the skin. Way too much work for me. Your brother is a trued artist. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete